- We need to appoint and support faithful elders who will properly oversee the flock (Acts 20:28-32).
- We need to be busy now training other leader to take their place. Consider Joshua’s training and the influence he wielded (Joshua 24:31).
- We need to learn again proper respect for the Word of God (Psalm 119:9-16). We must teach this to our children (Deuteronomy 6:4-9).
- We must vaccinate against the errors of our day by exposing all false teachers – even if this means being negative (Acts 20:29-32; II Timothy4:1-5).
- We must indoctrinate each generation. It is right to teach doctrine (I Timothy 4:16; II John 9-11).
- We need to pray fervently for elders and preachers (James 5:16).
- We must be set for the defense of the gospel (Philippians 1:17).
B. C. Carr