Most have heard of the “seven wonders of the ancient world." However, many have never heard of the following seven wonders of the Word of God. The Psalmist prayed: “Oren thou mine eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law” (Psalm 119:18). Again, the Psalmist declares: “Thy testimonies are wonderful; therefore doth my soul keep them” (Psalm119:129).
- The wonder of its INSPIRATION! Not just part of it – not just the thoughts of it – but “all scripture is given by inspiration of God” (II Timothy 3:16). To the very jot (the very smallest letter) and tittle (the smallest projection that distinguishes one letter from another), is inspired (Matthew 5:18).
- The wonder of its FORMATION! It didn’t all come at once but over a period of about 1600 years. “….precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little” (Isaiah 28:10).
- The wonder of its UNIFICATION! It is a library of 66 books, yet it is ONE BOOK. Written by some 40 different writers over about 1600 years, yet ONE MESSAGE (Revelation 19:10).
- The wonder of its REVELATION! The Bible is the complete, final revelation of “the things of God” (I Corinthians 2:10-12) which came not by “the will of man” but as holy men of God were “moved by the holy ghost” (II Peter 1:20-21).
- The wonder of its INFORMATION! It is the greatest literature in the world, but it is more than that – it contains “all things that pertain unto life and godliness” (II Peter 1:3). No additional information is needed for enables us to “thoroughly furnished unto all good works” (II Timothy 3:17).
- The wonder of its PROPAGATION! Read by all nations, classes, and races. It is the world’s best seller.
- The wonder of its PRESERVATION! The most hated of all books, yet it continues. “The word of the Lord endureth forever” (I Peter 1:25).
“….my heart stands in awe at thy word” (Psalm 119:161).
-via Belvedere Beacon (Belvedere, SC)