The atheist says:
There is no God. All wonders around us are accidental. No mighty hand made the thousand billion stars. They made themselves. The earth spins itself to keep the oceans from falling off. Infants teach themselves to cry when they are hungry or hurt. Faith is the crutch for the ignorant, the opium of the masses.
Has he examined the evidence? Whose faith is based on fact? Which makes more sense?
- How does the sugar thermometer in the pancreas know the proper blood sugar level to keep us from falling into a coma and dying?
- How does the heart beat for years without faltering? It rests between beats! It pumps 800 million times in a normal life span, pushing enough blood to fill a string of tank ears that would stretch from New York to Boston.
- The pattern of a person’s fingerprints never changes and no two persons are identical. What was “evolution’s” purpose in keeping these?
- Kidneys filter poison from the blood, and leave those components that are useful. How does the kidney know one from another?
- A brain weighs less than three pounds but directs all thoughts, feelings, and actions. Each cell dials messages to other cells in billions of different combinations. A cubic half inch of brain cells contains a lifetime of memories. Who gave the human tongue flexibility to form words, and a brain to understand them, but denied it to the brute animals? Who showed a womb how to keep splitting a tiny ovum until a baby had the proper number of fingers, eyes, and ears in the right place and then release it into the world when it is strong enough to live?
Certainly God exists! We are evidence of it. “For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God” (Hebrews 3:4). Let us join David in exclaiming to God, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: Marvelous are thy works; And that my soul knoweth right well” (Psalm 139:14).
Paul told the Athenians about the “unknown God” (Acts 17:25) in whom “we live, and move, and have our being” (17:28). Our secular society is forgetting that it is God who gives all the blessings we enjoy (Jam. 1:17). May we magnify His name the true God of Heaven and earth.
“Know ye that the Lord he is God: It is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves” (Psalm 100:3).